Blogger news

Blogroll

Friday, July 27, 2012

Other Systems

Title: Other Systems
Author:  Elizabeth Guizzetti
Published by: 48Fourteen {e-book only}
Genre: Sci-fi, Adult{or older\mature YA},
Favorite Quote: Cole said, " Two granddaughters without having to change a single diaper. This is the best fucking day of my life."
Blurb: Ten large ships race toward Earth, broadcasting in every language: "Brothers and sisters, we come in peace and in need. We have found our way home." The fear of a coming invasion begins the worldwide riots of 3062. 

Yet, not all Earthlings fear attack. The newcomers, long lost descendants of Earth, speak of a paradise ninety-four light years away. Kipos is a land of plenty where there has never been hunger, murder, or war. However, they need more healthy young immigrants for the colony to thrive.

Many accept their offer to be tested. After assessment, Abby Boyd Lei is among the chosen. She leaves the protection of her family with dreams of higher education, a good job, and a kind-hearted spouse.

Will Kipos be everything she imagined? Abby is about to discover the cost of utopia.

My Review:
This book was given to me by the author for an honest review. 
Wow! This book is really intense, I was expecting a YA book with a light fluffy story about space. Boy was I wrong! This book deals with topics such as rape, and homosexuality, there is also a lot of cussing in this book. I would not recommend it for a younger reader, or a reader who has not reading mature books.

Abby  is timid and scared and I got easily frustrated with her, but then I realized that after such a traumatizing experience I can't expect her to be  100% normal. As the story goes along she becomes more confident and more fun to read. As for the romance... there isn't one!
Its such a relief  to find a sci-fi book that's not all about romance! I mean don't get me wrong I love romance book as much as the next girl, but its nice to have the book  be all about Abby and her struggles on this new planet than about Abby and her romantic life. It's also really nice because instead of Abby finding a guy and living happily ever after she finds something even better- a family. Don't except a happily ever after in this book, the people that go to Kipos will forever have to live with their consequences but things will get better and sometimes that's all you can ask for. 






Rating: 4 Roses 










I will have an interview with Author Elizabeth Guizzetti up soon! 

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog....New Follower and New E-Mail Subscriber.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reviewed Other Systems this week :)

    Just stopping by to let you know I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award. Here's more info:

    http://red-reader.blogspot.com/2012/07/liebster-blog-awardwait-what.html

    Happy Reading!
    Austine @ The Red Reader

    ReplyDelete